Online learning has grown in leaps and bounds over the past decade. A large number of students have flocked to online colleges and massive open online courses because they want to secure jobs as early as possible by developing their skills.
Some educational magazines and researchers have been studying the role of online learning in securing jobs for students. They have put in a lot of effort to understand whether online distance education actually helps students find a job. The studies find out that the scepticism about distance learning is somewhat shifting because more and more students are looking to earn a degree through online distance learning medium.
Meteoric Rise Over The Last Decade
Online education sector has gone through a meteoric rise over the past decade. According to a report by Babson Survey Research Group, over 6.1 million students enrolled in at least one online class in the fall of 2010. The data suggests a growth rate of 10 percent over 2009 and almost four times higher than the number of students took online courses a decade back. (Source: goo.gl/1fR3r1)
There are some students enrolled in the traditional schools, which also provide online courses whereas many other students go for online courses through UK universities and other online institutes. Still, people are concerned over the quality of online learning and value of online degrees in getting jobs.
UK Universities in Nigeria
UK universities’ online courses are especially designed to help in getting better job opportunities. These universities have a wide presence in the online education sector and they are making their presence felt all around the world. Now, they have come up with many undergraduate and postgraduate online courses in Nigeria promising students from this region of enhanced job prospects.
Find out how online distance learning from UK universities can help Nigerian students enhance their career prospects:
- Flexibility of learning
- Accommodate online courses with your lifestyle as per convenience
- Quick degree to maximise job prospects
- Make a balance between personal, professional and academic life without glitches
- Working professionals and middle age people can also study for online degrees and earn a valuable degree to rise within the organisation
- Complete the courses as per your convenience, though you must complete the course on time for better job opportunities
- Study at own pace without feeling the pressure, though you should be self disciplined and committed to studies
Besides these factors, online distance learning courses are designed to improve various skills of students. Employers today look for apt skills in their employees and online distance learning instils all the required qualities in the learners.